Pink Lace
Everybody is in an uproar about Valentine's Day. It's interesting - people are either single and hate the day cause pink and lace and hearts are a little much or they are "attached" and say they hate the day, but then tell you what they are doing for dinner and what they got, etc, etc, etc.
I don't really mind it - even as a newly, single woman. Course, I was never a big fan of V-Day. Every year the hubby would get all frantic about where reservations were available and I just wanted to stay home on the couch and watch movies in my pj's. He would be relieved and we would share a pizza, while avoiding the mad crowds. And yes, I am aware that I am missing some girl gene. I also don't like jewelry.
I am partial to the giant boxes of candy - I like me some chocolate, but I don't really care who it comes from or when. Matter of fact, I would probably like to receive a giant box of candy on, say, April 11. It would be a huge surprise and no one would be asking about my candy, so I wouldn't have to share.
All that aside - I have a date. I will be having dinner with my nephew. He's nine, so we will probably have pizza or burgers and a beer for me. My sister-in-law made sure I have chocolate and gave the boy some money to pay for dinner. I think I like Valentine's Day.
I don't really mind it - even as a newly, single woman. Course, I was never a big fan of V-Day. Every year the hubby would get all frantic about where reservations were available and I just wanted to stay home on the couch and watch movies in my pj's. He would be relieved and we would share a pizza, while avoiding the mad crowds. And yes, I am aware that I am missing some girl gene. I also don't like jewelry.
I am partial to the giant boxes of candy - I like me some chocolate, but I don't really care who it comes from or when. Matter of fact, I would probably like to receive a giant box of candy on, say, April 11. It would be a huge surprise and no one would be asking about my candy, so I wouldn't have to share.
All that aside - I have a date. I will be having dinner with my nephew. He's nine, so we will probably have pizza or burgers and a beer for me. My sister-in-law made sure I have chocolate and gave the boy some money to pay for dinner. I think I like Valentine's Day.

1 Comments:
I've never been a fan of V-day. Even when I've had someone to share it with, we usually have ended up doing something totally crappy or having a big fight. In fact, this marks my 7th year straight of crappy Valentine's Days. Maybe I broke a heart shaped mirror or something and next year will be great.
Have fun on your date!
Post a Comment
<< Home